Sunday, October 9, 2011

SEW-Q Southeastern Washington Quilter's Guild

October 9, 2011

Today I am driving from Washougal to Kennewick, Washington, which is in the southeastern part of the state. This is my third visit since May when I first visited the SEW-Q gals and did a trunk show. I then came back a few months later and taught an introductory Art of Machine Quilting class. Tomorrow I'll be teaching a Thread Painting class.  While driving to Kennewick, I took a break at a rest stop just east of Mosier, Oregon and had to take the following pictures:





Great place to have a picnic lunch, don't you think?

I was thrilled to see a small herd of Big Horn Sheep just east of the John Day dam.  Truth be told, I've seen the sheep in that same area many times before, and so I'm always looking for them now. In fact, one time I also saw Mountain Goats in the same area!

After arriving in town, I went to Columbia Park, which is a wonderful park that runs for miles along the Columbia River. It is a great place for walking, jogging, biking, and feeding birds. They also have a baseball diamond and a frisbee golf course. I walked some of the paths and enjoyed a great sunset.

On Saturday, I taught Thread Painting to a group of very enthusiastic attendees. 





SEW-Q is a guild with about 90 members that was started in the mid-90's. The guild has an annual quilt auction with all proceeds going to Hospice House, a local support center for the dying and their family. Rickie Nichol is program chair and my wonderful hostess.  I had a terrific time getting to know these ladies and I wish all of them and their guild much success and happiness in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment