Friday, June 29, 2012

A Common Thread, Lake Oswego, Oregon

April 27-29, 2012

On April 27th, I had the opportunity to teach a Currents class at A Common Thread in Lake Oswego, Oregon.  This is one of my favorite patterns and I love seeing how students interpret it.  I often visit A Common Thread and it is where I take my machines for their annual servicing, but this is the first time I've had the opportunity to teach here.

Half of the class....

.... and the rest of the class.

 A Common Thread began in 1989 and after a few moves, they have expanded into over 5,000 square feet including 3,000 bolts of fabric, a variety of thread lines, a nice classroom with a full calendar of classes. They also sell Bernina and Janome sewing machines and sergers, as well as Handi Quilter quilting machines, and Miele vacuum cleaners. Their service department repairs all brands of sewing machines and vacuum cleaners. I'm excited to have a full class of participants who want to create their own interpretation of Currents.

Another beautiful interpretation!

 I love this version!!!


It was a great day and some beautiful Currents were started.  I'm hoping to receive pictures of the completed quilts, and if I do, I'll post them. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello Barbara,
    Do you have a DVD, pattern or ??? for The Currents, available for purchase?
    Thank you, Diane

    ReplyDelete