Friday, June 29, 2012

Country Crossroads Quilt Guild, Modesto, California

May 6-9, 2012

Sunday is a travel day as I drive back to the Sacramento Airport from Chico and am met by Janet Borst, who then drives me to Modesto, California.  Ruth McCormack is my host for the next three days.  She lives in a lovely home on a cul-de-sac with a park across the street.  She has 65 rose bushes in her back yard, along with two cherry trees, a grapefruit, kumquat, orange, persimmon, lime, and a few pear trees.  Ruth's yard is visited occasionally by a guinea fowl, affectionately called Fred, who also likes the looks of her back yard!




On Monday, I'm teaching a Thread Painting class to 22 members of the Country Crossroads Quilt Guild located in Modesto, California.  Our class is being held in a larg quilt shop in Turlock called Cloth & Quilt.  The quilt shop carries a lot of thread, which is so convenient for class attendees who'd like to try different types of thread.  Ruth and I have a quiet meal back at her home afterwards.


 

Tuesday is a busy day with an Art of Machine Quilting class during the day.  For dinner, several gals and I went to Olive Garden and had an enjoyable time getting to know one another better.  Then we went to the church where guild meetings are held and I talked about my quilting journey.  Since I've had class with several of the gals for the past two days, it was a fun evening. 

There were some amazing quilts displayed during Show and Tell:





There was even a Nautilus quilt shown - great job!!!

This is a quilt that was on the back wall of the church where the guild meeting was held - spectacular!!!


Wednesday morning Sue drove me back to the Sacramento airport and the flight back home.  Thank you so much to the Country Crossroads Quilt Guild for inviting me to their great state and the warm reception I received from them.  I really appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment